3/17/08

Thing # 20 – …tubes

Stephen Abrams at his blog Stephen’s Lighthouse has a posting of influential videos.

I think the video’s found at YouTube and TeacherTube and other places are a great way to explain a concept or capture the attention of students. However, we are entering the age of information creation not just consumption, so soon we will need to provide our students with the ability to create their own TUBES!

In case your district blocks these resources you might want to read a great post about Web Filtering and share it with your filtering administrator.

To get around the blocked sites use Zamzar. When I first tried to convert a YouTube into something I could use in my district that blocks YouTube, I had trouble. Zamzar first opened wanting a file from my computer. When I finally clicked on the URL link, I was able easily to make the conversion. I am waiting for the Zamzar file to be sent to my e-mail. If it comes soon, I will edit this post.

Okay, here it is. Forget about desktops and laptops, I want one of these computer walls:

Oh well, foget it. My computer virtual memory is too small, or the file is too large, or the stars are not aligned or something because it is not happening.

No comments: