2/10/08

Thing #12 - Rollyo

Okay, I see now. I have read many postings about Rollyo and like so many others; I did not quite get it at first. However, now I think I do. If you typically go to several sites to look up specific types of information, then you could create a Rollyo search engine designed specifically to search your several designated web sites all at once.

For example, if I was doing research on multimedia and I had discovered that almost all my answers were found at 7 different sites, then I could create a Rollyo search engine to search those seven sites. So, the next time I wanted to look up anything about multimedia, I could just search once.

Or another example would be if I wanted to find videos. I could create a Rollyo search engine to search all the many sites that have videos.

Or if I had found 27 sites about World War II I could create a Rollyo search engine to search those 27 sites all at once for anything I might want to know about World War II.

Or maybe I could create a search engine containing all the museums I could find.

The ideas go on forever.

No comments: